Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm alive, I swear

Ok, it is my goal to actually update this on a regular basis! I have been having a hard time trying to juggle things, so it has been difficult. However, I promise to be better. Also, this post is going to have to be broken up into parts since this thing is stupid and won't let me put it all in one.

Let's start at the very beginning: the pregnancy.Add Image

As some of you may know, I miscarried in February of last year. Domenico & I weren't even planning a pregnancy at the time, so we were a bit shocked when I wasn't feeling quite right and the little window on the pregnancy test said "yes." However, we got used to the idea very quickly and were really excited. However, I began spotting a bit at 7 weeks and was brought in for an ultrasound which showed identical twins. The unfortunate part was that there were not heartbeats. I went back a week later because they thought that everything might just be a littl
e slow developing since there were 2 babies, but the next ultrasound didn't show hea
rtbeats and one of the yolk sacs was abnormally large. It became apparent that the pregnancy wasn't viable. We were disappointed and I really felt a huge loss.

The good news is that I got pregnant again immediately! They ran extra tests to make sure everything was ok, and everything progressed the way it should. So, a couple weeks later, the trip we had planned to Disney World to take our minds off the miscarriage became a trip celebrating the pregnancy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Avery was looking at this with me and very much enjoyed your Disney pics:) She wants to know where she can meet Pooh-the terrible parents we are we haven't gotten her to Disney yet!!:) What a fun trip that had to have been after what you had gone through and then to celebrate again!